I’m sitting here at my desk and my eyes are darting between the clock and the blank page in front of me. I’ve got a meeting to go to in 15 minutes, and I need to write a post for our blog right now.
But there’s a big problem: I don’t know what to write about.
What’s the simple solution? How can we avoid this stress?
Not all is lost. There is a very straightforward way to get out of this situation.
After we post this we’re going to follow a simple process for staying on top of content deliverables. We will:
- Set up a content brainstorm
- Invite a core group of our best “idea” people
- Open it up to the broader team (where, truthfully, many of our best ideas come from)
- Assign the topics to people who want to write them
- Schedule our posts in the editorial calendar
- Book another content meeting long before we are out of posts, so that we never run out of ideas again
That’s it. Hopefully, we won’t have to write a confessional post like this again.