Upcoming macroeconomic events, October and November 2017
Do you write or edit portfolio manager commentaries? Do you want to stay on top of the macroeconomic events that shape your day-to-day life as a financial services marketer?
If so, here are the big macro events that the ext. team is keeping an eye on over the coming weeks.
- U.S. third quarter advanced gross domestic product (“GDP”) will be announced on October 27. Second quarter GDP was particularly strong at 3.1% annualized, driven by personal consumption and fixed investment. The advanced GDP growth rate will provide investors with an indication about the strength of the U.S. economy during the third quarter
- The Bank of England’s (“BoE”) interest rate decision will be announced on November 2. At the BoE’s latest meeting in September, it maintained its bank rate at 0.25% but did note that the withdrawal of monetary stimulus may be appropriate if the economy and price pressures keep growing
- Canada’s unemployment rate for October will be announced on November 3. The unemployment rate has improved during 2017. The unemployment rate was 6.2% in September – consistent with August – with both representing the lowest rate since October 2008
- The U.S. inflation rate for October will be announced on November 15. Inflation moved above the U.S. Federal Reserve Board’s (“Fed”) target in September, and has been consistently rising over the past few months. The inflation rate will be an important consideration for the Fed’s future interest rate decisions
- Canada’s inflation rate for October will be announced on November 17. The inflation rate continues to run below the Bank of Canada’s (“BoC”) target of 2%. While the BoC believes that lower inflation is temporary due to a multitude of factors, it does expect inflation to return closer to its target by mid-2018
For investment commentary support (including monthly and quarterly commentaries, as well as MRFPs), contact us today at 416.925.1700, 844.243.1830 or email@example.com.